Thursday, June 17, 2010

ReThink Hawaii - Hello Maui!

Re-Think: Hawaii. That was an experience. A catalyst.

I flew from Maui to Honolulu with great expectations. I was not let down. I had fun. I learned a lot. I was inspired.

Now it’s time to apply what I learned. Time to share the knowledge. Time to put a “do it” to it.

Initially, I was thinking of a “Re-Think(x): Maui” . A mini conference or workshop to echo Re-Think Hawaii. But as I think along, the concept of Re-Think Hawaii is not exactly what Maui needs at this time. We have to start with basics here. In my opinion, Maui’s participation with the Social Media is still on the infant stage. We need a Basic 101 course, an introduction. And so an idea is conceived. Perhaps a movement. And I am going to call it “Hello Maui”.

What exactly is Hello Maui? What I envision Hello Maui to be is a one day conference and workshops of basic courses that would enable Maui’s leaders and entrepreneurs to understand what Social Media is about and how to best participate in it. We will learn how to listen and how to engage. We will form networks, we will develop friendships.

And then we will see once again that which Christine Lu has said: "when good people get together, great things happen ".

More thoughts to come ...


No comments: